Benefit from the BEST Metal Removal Rates in the Industry!
Revolutionary, Unique & Patented!
- Saves 70% and more in CNC machining time
- Extends tool life drastically
- Uses its patented Technology Wizard to provide optimal feeds & speeds based on tool path, stock material, type of cutting tool and CNC machine specifications.
- Provides unbelievable savings and increased efficiency in your CNC milling operations, turning out extremely high profits.
- iMachining customers have a HUGE competitive advantage. Can you afford to be left behind?
Take the Guess Work Out of Programming Your CNC!
How iMachining does it …
- With its unique patented “morphing spirals”, intelligent island separation and Moating, iMachining provides you with the shortest cycle times in the industry.
- The cutting angle constantly adjusts between a minimum and a maximum value, while the feed is dynamically adjusted to ensure constant mechanical and thermal load on the tool – providing you with the longest tool life at the highest Material Removal Rate (MRR) possible.
- Since spirals have higher MRR than Trochoidal tool paths, iMachining utilises various, patented strategies that enable it to use spirals much more often than Trochoidals.
- iMachining automatically reduces vibrations to prevent excessive tool wear and also decreases the likelihood of forming temporary thin walls that often lead to costly tool damage.
- Using advanced rest material knowledge (remaining stock), iMachining maintains the highest level of cutting tool engagement by avoiding “air-cuts” and repositioning moves.
- iMachining 3D analyses all cuts and determines the most efficient grouping of these cuts to reduce tool travel throughout the cut.
Slash Your Tooling Costs!
- Average Tool life increased by 5 times or more
- Full depth-of-cut ensures that the entire tool is utilized rather than only the bottom part
- Eliminate the cost of premium and specialty tooling for hard materials
“We have found all the claims for iMachining to hold true for our applications in Dixons Surgical – incredible tool life, faster cycles, lighter cutting loads reducing vibration in poor work holding situations (mill-turn), and protection of small diameter cutters . . .” Jay Dixon, Managing Director, Dixon Surgical Instruments Ltd.
“The iMachining Module has saved us money . . . it definitely saves ‘bang-ups’ and general tool wear.” Dr Matthew Chamberlain, Company Secretary, CTR Developments.
“Tools just seem to go on and on cutting.” Ben Guntrip, Operations Manager, Recol Engineering.
Reduce Your Machining Time with the Unique Technology Wizard!
- Automatic, optimal Feeds & Speeds eliminate the time-consuming trial and error to find the optimal machine settings – First-part success guaranteed.
- The perfect tool for even the most seasoned machinist for getting it perfectly dialed in, the first time – or for the less experienced machinist, iMachining will turn them into an expert in no time.
“To see the increased metal removal rates is most encouraging and greatly increases our competitiveness in the industry.” Simon Dawson, Managing Director, Dawson Precision Components Ltd.
“With SolidCAM its very very easy . . . it’d probably take a week and a half to two weeks going through the traditional methods, just because of the number of operations that we had to go through, now we can do it in two operations . . .” Chris Pritchard, Head of Machining, Brafe Engineering Ltd, talks of how iMachining improved their machining time from DAYS down to HOURS.
Proven iMachining Technology Algorithms Advance Even Further for Amazing 3D Milling!
The one and only iMachining 3D provides amazing 3D machining results, regularly providing 70% or more savings in machining time. iMachining 3D is an automatic, high-speed milling tool path for optimized Roughing with “staircase reduction”, and Rest Roughing for both prismatic and general shaped 3D parts.
- Quick solid geometry selection – just “Pick & Go”.
- iMachining 3D automatically produces a complete, ready to run CNC program, with optimal cutting conditions, to rough and rest rough a complete 3D part, with True Scallop on all slopes, all in a single operation.
- iMachining 3D uses target and updated stock geometry from previous operations to automatically recognize areas it needs to machine, eliminating “air-cuts” and optimizing tool repositioning.
- The optimal cutting conditions are achieved by the expert Knowledge based Technology Wizard of iMachining.
iMachining 3D Features:
- Uses proven 2D iMachining algorithms to generate Morphing Spiral Tool Paths
- Achieves shortest possible cycle time by analyzing and determining which area of material to remove next, and at what Z level
- Takes full depths of Step-Down cuts first, generating roughing tool paths
- Dynamic Step-Up staircase reduction machining removes rest material on slopes
- Selectable Machining order
- Step-Up removes exact rest material, only at z levels optimized by region, to achieve True Scallop with minimal machining
- Per slope, Step-Up changes dynamically to maintain True-Scallop size throughout operation
- The True Scallop value (distance between peak and valley) is controlled by the user
- “Intelligent Tool Path Sorting” and “3D Z-Level Linking” drastically reduce retracts and unnecessary tool movements
- Repositioning detours, using high-speed feed moves at current machining level, saves machining time
- All positioning moves include lead-in/out arcs (in plane) or smooth 3D splines for smooth continuous motion – reduces cycle time and machine wear
- Tool path optimized for cutting only rest material needed to be removed
- Zero Air Cuts – all toolpaths are driven by dynamically updated 3D model of stock
- 3D model of stock precisely updated after each short segment of tool movement
- Technology Wizard algorithms maximize performance and efficiency by automatically adjusting the cutting conditions at each Z level
- Optimized cutting conditions for each depth also drastically reduces tool wear
- Automatically identifies depths and geometries, No chaining or sketching
- Full automatic collision protection with stock
- Automatic Rough and Rest-Rough in a single operation
- Automatically performed when entering and exiting “the cut”
- Smooth motion allows for faster, more efficient machining
- Increases tool and machine life
- Utilizes proven iMachining 2D algorithms to manage the ‘Cutting Conditions’ for each step down
- Feed adjusted for different depths of cut in step down and step up to reduce cycle time